- Aija Mayrock Publishes a Book on Bullying
UPDATE: Aija’s self-published book has now been picked up by Scholastic! Read more at PR Newswire.
Aija Mayrock (class of 2014) has penned a new book, The Survival Guide to Bullying: Written by a kid for a kid. Bullied throughout middle school and part of high school, Aija transferred to Anacapa School which became her safe haven. She’s done a superb job of turning her negative experiences into a positive with her authorship of this insightful book. Aija is a freshman at NYU’s film school. She will be taking a year off from NYU to to start a book tour. Read more at Noozhawk.com.
- Elizabeth Schwyzer is Married at the Peak On April 27, 2014, Elizabeth Schwyzer (Class of 1997) and Steve Smith ran up Gibraltar Road, and got married in the rocks near La Cumbre Peak. One week later, they celebrated their marriage with a big party at Godric Grove. This July, Elizabeth and Steve will be relocating to the Bay Area, where Steve will ...
- Alicia Kovary Graduated From SBCC & Will Study Art History at UCSB Anacapa graduate Alicia Kovary, Class of 2009 (and frequent visitor and helper here on campus!) has graduated from SBCC and now has plans to study Art History at UCSB, and then continuing with the curator program there. She attributes her passion for art history to her trip to Italy with Anacapa students and alums in ...
- Congratulations to Buff Platt on the Birth of His Daughter Congratulations to Anacapa graduate Buff Platt, class of 1993, and his wife Ahn on the birth of their daughter Charlie!
- Alumni Reunion Photos Alumni Reunion Photos
- Aija Nemer-Aanerud is a Senior at U. of Chicago Aija Nemer-Aanerud, Class of 2010, was visiting Santa Barbara and came to the 2013 Orientation Picnic. Aija is a senior at the University of Chicago.
- Grayson Baggiolini Joined Us at Zion Graduate Grayson Baggiolini, Class of 2012, was an awesome volunteer "Manny" for Lower Schoolers at the 2013 Zion trip! Grayson is studying at Cal Poly Pomona.
- Class of 2013 Visits Four of the Class of 2013 came and shared their early college experiences with current Anacapa students at a Breakfast Club in October! Zinnia Gonzalez is at Chico State, Isaac and Esai Macario at St. Mary's, and Julio Bernal studies at CSUN. We are happy to see them doing so well.
- Wishiah Roper – Anacapans in the Real World Wishiah Roper, alumna from the class of 2011, visited Elliott Hall to share her life journey and how Anacapa has affected her. Wishiah came to Anacapa in 9th grade with some anger and attitude in tow. Wishiah explained how helped her to mature into a much happier, more productive person. Now, she works three jobs ...
- Riley Arntz – The Life of a Fashionisto Cowboy Riley Arntz, an original member of the Anacapa Adobes, came to Anacapa for high school in 2003. In college he studied hospitality but wasn’t excited about the field for a career. Instead, he tried his luck as a ranch hand at Lazy B Ranch in New Mexico, where he learned a variety of skills, such ...
- Jennifer Sites Poulimenos Visits From Canada After graduating from Anacapa in 2001, Jennifer Sites Poulimenos earned a B.S. in Nursing. She was back on campus in October with her new baby girl Kalla. Kalla was born September 14, 2013. Jennifer and her new family live in Kitchener, Ontario.