- Anacapa Alumni Reunion – December 26
Anacapa alumni, please join us
December 26, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. for an
Alumni Reunion at Anacapa School
Optional dinner to follow at Moby Dick’s Restaurant, Stearns Wharf for those who are interested.
Please RSVP for one or both. Call 805-965-0228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aija Nemer-Aanerud is a Senior at U. of Chicago Aija Nemer-Aanerud, Class of 2010, was visiting Santa Barbara and came to the 2013 Orientation Picnic. Aija is a senior at the University of Chicago.
- Grayson Baggiolini Joined Us at Zion Graduate Grayson Baggiolini, Class of 2012, was an awesome volunteer “Manny” for Lower Schoolers at the 2013 Zion trip! Grayson is studying at Cal Poly Pomona.
- Class of 2013 Visits Four of the Class of 2013 came and shared their early college experiences with current Anacapa students at a Breakfast Club in October! Zinnia Gonzalez is at Chico State, Isaac and Esai Macario at St. Mary’s, and Julio Bernal studies at CSUN. We are happy to see them doing so well.
- Riley Arntz – The Life of a Fashionisto Cowboy Riley Arntz, an original member of the Anacapa Adobes, came to Anacapa for high school in 2003. In college he studied hospitality but wasn’t excited about the field for a career. Instead, he tried his luck as a ranch hand at Lazy B Ranch in New Mexico, where he learned a variety of skills, such ...
- Jennifer Sites Poulimenos Visits From Canada After graduating from Anacapa in 2001, Jennifer Sites Poulimenos earned a B.S. in Nursing. She was back on campus in October with her new baby girl Kalla. Kalla was born September 14, 2013. Jennifer and her new family live in Kitchener, Ontario.
- Henry Johnston – Anacapa Alumni in the World Henry Johnston, recent Anacapa graduate from the class of 2013, is currently a student at Brooks Institute in Ventura where he is studying film. Henry spoke about his current classes, including Film History, in which he has been continually grateful for Anacapa’s history classes, which gave him a solid framework in which to contextualize historical ...
- Haley Yuhasz – Life After Anacapa: College, Adulthood and Other Scary Things Haley Yuhasz, Anacapa alumna extraordinaire from the class of 2012, returned to Elloitt Hall to reflect on her experiences while at Anacapa and how they have affected her life in college. Haley is now a sophomore at Northern Arizona University, majoring in Visual Communications with an emphasis in Graphic Design and a minor in Theater. ...
- Elizabeth Schwyzer – Importance of Writing: Making an Impact with Words Elizabeth Schwyzer, Anacapa alumna from the class of ‘97, spoke about the source of both passion and her livelihood, writing. Elizabeth currently works for the Santa Barbara Independent as a reviewer for arts and dance, but her true love is working with teens on their writing. Elizabeth specializes in personal statements for college and recognizes ...
- Wishiah Roper is back in Santa Barbara! Wishiah Roper (class of 2011) stopped by campus on September 24, 2013. She has been studying psychology at Mira Costa College in San Diego and working at Barnes and Noble. She is planning to transfer to UCSB and is moving back to Santa Barbara. She is engaged and the wedding is planned for February of next year!
- Shana Molotch Loves Her Many Jobs Anacapa alumna Shana Molotch sent in this update from Northern California: I am currently employed full-time with the ARC of Amador and Calaveras. I work in the supported living department with developmentally disabled adults and LOVE it! All of my clients live on their own. Most of them have jobs and they are learning to be ...